Knitters love to knit gifts for loved ones, hence the frequent references among knitters to ‘Christmas knitting’, ie projects intended to be Christmas gifts. In Merry Little Knits I present a collection of small projects specifically designed for this purpose, as well as a couple of decorative knits to cheer your home during the festive season. The book also includes some clearly illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques used in some of the patterns. All in a compact A5 format ideal for slipping into your project bag, or your beloved’s Christmas stocking!
The evocative vintage-style cover was created by the wonderfully talented Alex Tomlinson, and the photography was undertaken by Susan Campbell in my Yorkshire home.
The patterns comprise:
- Dasher – a child’s stranded yoke cardigan.
- Nowell – ladies cabled slippers with pompom decoration.
- Strumflings – stranded mini stockings.
- Wassail Hat – cabled earflap hat with pompom decoration.
- Wassail scarf – reversible cable scarf to match the hat.
- Wenceslas – unisex slippers with embroidered clock decoration.
- Wesley Bobs – stranded baubles.
- Applied icord
- Judy’s magic cast-on
- Loop cast-on
- Slip-stitch steek reinforcement
- Two-handed stranded knitting
- Trapping floats