Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through this website to you, for billing and order fulfillment.
Payments for purchases made at my site are managed via Paypal, or in the case of bank transfers, via my bank, HSBC. HSBC only provide me with whatever is entered in the ‘reference’ box to help me identify who the payment came from. Via Paypal I have access to all the personal data associated with purchases, ie name, email and postal address. In order to maintain necessary financial records and for my tax reporting, I regularly download and process reports from Paypal that include this data. I protect each file with password encryption, and these files are kept on a password-protected device.
Sales at my site are managed via Ravelry (downloadable products) or Woo Commerce (everything else). Ravelry provides me with a notification email that includes your email address. If you purchased via Ravelry, or while signed into Ravelry, it also provides your Ravelry username. This information, and information about which country the purchase was made in, are all recorded in my Ravelry publisher account, where I have access to them, and from where I can download them if necessary. However, I never do download them. My Ravelry account has password protection.
Woo Commerce provides me with the data you enter during checkout, which I use for processing your order. It is stored in the Woo Commerce section of my website, which has password protection, and is only accessible to myself and my website administrators. I never download it.
Cookies & monitoring
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookie – These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
We may monitor traffic to the site and collect the following information:
- The referring website from which you came to the website. The reasons for this are:
- To make ongoing improvements to the website based on this data.
- To see my most popular sources of business.
We may disclose your personal data:
- To agents and service providers as necessary to the completion of our contract with you. These include Mailchimp, who facilitate my newsletter, Lion FPG, who fulfil my print book orders, and Magcloud/Blurb, who fulfil my print pattern orders.
- In cases where we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cyber crime or to protect the website, rights, personal safety of person/s.
We may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website (customers and sales) in order to describe our services to prospective partners (advertisers, sponsors) and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.